A cool t-shirt can be a very subjective thing. After all we all have our own opinion about what makes a shirt cool instead of lame. And sometimes the difference can be subtle. A shirt can sometimes ride the fence between cool and lame and go either way depending on who you ask. So when you are shopping for a t shirt, how do you decide what is cool and what is not?
1. Be yourself – The easiest way to make a good geekowear. shirt go bad is when you wear something that just isn’t you. For example if you don’t even know what a Gremlin is, or if you do but you actually hated that movie, then don’t wear one on your t-shirt. Find t shirts that display images that are meaningful to you and you’ll wear it with confidence. Confidence makes your shirt look cool.
2. Find something original – You can pick up logo t-shirts at every discount store from here to China, that doesn’t make them cool. If you want a shirt that people will compliment you on and say, “Hey, cool t-shirt dude!” then you need to try a little harder than the local big box retailer. Shopping online is definitely the easiest way to find unique and interesting t-shirts and it is also the quickest way to search for something that will match your interests and personality.
3. Get a shirt that fits – Yes, tees are comfortable and you should be able to kick back and relax in them but please consider those that might see you in the shirt. A huge oversized t shirt does not hide your body flaws; it just makes you look huge too. So resist the urge to automatically click XL and actually take some measurements already. Then order the t shirt that is actually your size and you’ll be on your way to looking very cool.
4. Consider your audience – Where do you plan to wear this t-shirt anyway? To church or your child’s school conferences perhaps? Then you should maybe steer clear of the “Jesus I’m Drunk” t shirts and others like that. While some may consider this a funny t-shirt, there is a time and a place – right? So save the offensive t-shirts for hanging out with those who have your same sense of humor and for the rest of the time, stick with a t shirt that is cool but appropriate.
5. Let the shirt speak to you – In other words don’t just buy a t shirt for the sake of getting a tee, find the one that’s so great that you have to have it before you place an order. Lots of t-shirts out there are just noise, so if you don’t want yours to be just another lame t-shirt, then be discriminating when you shop and you’re sure to end up with only the best and coolest t-shirts!